We are seeking a talented leader as our Lead, Android Engineer to work closely with core and mobile engineering team. The incumbent posses leadership skills as well as skills in Mobile Development (Android or iOS) to develop our product that would be used by many Enterprise clients. There might be opportunities to do cross platform development as well.
Who We Are
Join the global leader of mobile solutions for the meetings and events industry and become part of the mobile revolution. In addition to being named the 2013, 2014 Emerging Company of the Year by the BCTIA and 5th Fastest Growing Company by PROFIT Magazine , QuickMobile has delivered over one million mobile meeting app downloads on all mobile platforms this year. With an impressive client list that includes Disney, World Economic Forum, Salesforce, Microsoft, Bausch & Lomb, SAP,Dell, and Goodyear, we develop and license mobile applications and websites that drive attendee engagement and extend events into year-long conversations. Learn more about QuickMobile and our growth by visiting our website.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Monthly office socials
- In-office massage
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Lead team and provide experience on buildling core platform features and functionalities with monthly release cycles on the Android platform
- Confirm requirements, coding, testing, analysis, design, definition, development and implementation of core platform
- Interact with Product development, UX/UI teams on a regular basis to ensure their expectations are managed and deliverables are completed before release time
- Ensure internal expectations are met and work within tight schedules in an Agile development environment lead by our Silicon Valley influence - VP of Engineering
- Ability to develop / design mobile application core platform for the Android ecosystem
- Strong Java application programming skills
- BS in Computing Science or a post-secondary diploma with at least 5 to 7 years of software development experience designing and implementing software applications
- Mobile application development experience, specifically experience with JavaJ2EE, Java and or Android development in the last 2 years
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile Development processes
- Knowledge of web service technologies and services (specifically REST APIs)
- SQL experience
- Excellent OO programming skills in a client/server environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational, written communication and presentation skills
- Proficient debugging and optimization skills
Nice to Haves:
- UI Design experience for mobile or the web
We thank all interested applicants; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.